Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What Found Me Today

I don't know about you,
but I don't go to the thrift store looking for anything specific.
I never say
"Okay, today on my thrifting journey, I'm going to look for a pretty glass bowl
to hold my glass fruit."

Because, it happens that
when I am looking for a specific item -
 well,
it can't be found.

 Anywhere.
Anywhere, anyhow. 

I can go to every thrift store within a thirty-five mile radius, 
check Craigslist, check Etsy, allmyotherfavoritespots.
And no. glass. bowl.

 Ah!
But if  I just go to the thrift store to browse;
To see what they've got today.
I always get found by lots of little lovelies that beg to go home.
(with me.)

Okay, enough rambling. On to what found me today.

Lots of glass (I love, love, love glass and crystal!!!)




As I placed her gently inside the cabinet, she whispered,
"Ahhhhhh....home at last!"


Well, you know I don't have favorites
when it comes to my glass girls.
But if I did.
It would be.
Her.

I also found this ugly duckling who spent the first years of her life as a brass birdcage.
(Probably filled with plastic ivy.)
She has now become the swan she was meant to be.
And tomorrow we will find her place
where she too can say,
"ahhhhh......home at last!"

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I find goodies at the Thrift stores. Last week I only found one basket but it was rather prim looking and in good shape so I found it a good buy and snatched it up. It is the fun of the hunt don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...